Wednesday 25 March 2015

Coffee...Coffee...Bulletproof Coffee?!

Ok, so I think it's pretty safe to say that I love coffee. I love it with just milk, with flavouring, latted, cappuccioed, etc... pretty much anyway. So recently, when I heard about something called Bulletproof Coffee, I was intrigued. But what the heck is it? I mean come on, I have heard all kinds of weird coffees all you have to do is stand in line at a Starbucks in America to get the entire gambit of coffee combos and variations. But Bulletproof, never heard of it.

So I did some research... it is supposed to be some kind of health kick kind of coffee. I don't know about that really. I'm not so sure on the healthiness of it especially when you are used to drinking coffee with skimmed milk, but I thought I give it a try for the taste of it.;)


So when I looked up how to make it, there were a small variety of ways but this is the one that best suited me (i.e. the one I had all the ingredients for and sounded the easiest/cheapest!). It is from The Pioneer Woman who has some of the most divine recipes ever, so if she likes it and makes it, I thought, heck it can't be bad, calorie laden maybe but not bad...right?

Here is the bullet proof coffee recipe:

Ingredients:
12 oz fluid strong coffee very hot
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, unrefined
1 Tbsp Cold Butter (unsalted is best)

To Make:
Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until emulsified, roughly 10-15 seconds (it will look like a very creamy coffee).
Pour mixture into a coffee cup and enjoy immediately! (Warm it for 15 seconds in microwave after blending if you like it extra hot as the blending cools it slightly)

So, what did I think? Oh My Goodness...this stuff is good!! However, this is going to have to be a treat only as it is truly naughty as well as delicious! ;) Love <3 Yum...if you like creamy coffee, give this a try but don't say I didn't warn you (you'll be wanting more!).

Have you ever tried bulletproof coffee? What did you think? 
xx

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of it....It does sound very good though. I may have to give it a try x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of it until recently either Kim, but if you are a creamy coffee lover this is fab! I have to keep telling myself it is a treat though (it's pretty calorific). I was craving one when I woke up this morning...yikes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am such a coffee lover! Addicted perhaps?? Yes! Love my latte treat in the morning! Thanks for sharing :) Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are a coffee lover this is one to try. Some people don't like it apparently, but I loved it!! Have a good weekend :-) xx

      Delete