Thursday 12 March 2015

Another Mother's Day Post

Yes, there have been Mother's Day posts around the blog-o-sphere all week and yes, I wish I could be more creative sometimes, but I wanted to share some of my thoughts about Mother's Day too! After all, I am a mother and I am a daughter.

This is actually from my birthday last year but couldn't find a good one with flowers! ;-) 

Mother's Day is a tricky one for me. Being an American living in the UK, I technically have two Mother's Days. One is the UK Mother's Day this Sunday the other is the US mothers day in May. Part of me would like to celebrate the one in May so that I'm keeping a part of my US culture, but since I live in the UK and have for a long time (not to mention I had my two boys here) I celebrate with the UK. I just have to remember to buy a card early for my Mom, otherwise I'd have missed the boat come May!

Pink Champagne to celebrate!

I always like to spoil my Mom on Mother's Day but to be honest these days it is a bit harder. I don't live nearby and that makes it more of a struggle in figuring out what to get her but we always make sure that when we get together either in the UK or the US we go out and spend time together which is the best present we can give each other. ;) It goes without saying really, that Mother's Day always makes me miss my Mom and I wish that we lived closer.

As for my Mother's Day celebration, I never really want anything. I don't make a big deal out of it either. I think, like most mums I would love a lie in and a cup of hot coffee in bed and I absolutely adore home-made cards from my boys but anything above and beyond that is a real treat. :)

All I want :-)

This year, I'll spend my Mother's Day being grateful for my husband, my two sweet boys, my furry boy and my Mom and Dad back in the States. After all, I really wouldn't be the Mum I am today if it weren't for all of them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment