Friday 13 February 2015

Eating for Less, Eye Concealer and Bean Soup...#LittleLoves

Oh my, where has this week gone? It just went so fast but to be honest I think I'm glad as next week is half term break and I'm looking forward to not doing the school run! ;) We do have a lot of meet ups planned but luckily they are all later in the day so we'll be lounging in our pjs at least during the morning hours.

Read
This week I did something that I have not done in a long time. I bought a fashion magazine. Well, Marie Claire which I think is classes as a woman's fashion mag. Anyway, I used to buy Vogue, Elle, InStyle, etc... religiously but really haven't done it in ages (years!). I was pretty impressed by some of the articles and am still perusing the fashion and beauty bits. It made for a nice change, hopefully I'll be fashionable this spring! ;)



Watched
This week I watched another episode of  BBC's 'Eat Well for Less'. I don't usually follow this type of show and although I watched it last week wasn't sure I'd watch it again, except I did. I pretty much know all of our shopping down falls as far as money is concerned but it seems each time I watch the show I realise that actually we could do more of xyz or less of xyz. Not rocket science but interesting to see how other families shop.


Wore
We have been pretty busy this week and to be honest I haven't been sleeping well so I have been wearing plenty of Benefit's Fake Up. This under eye concealer is fantastic and comes in an easy to dispense lipstick style tube. I love it and it makes me look as though I have had more than a couple hours of restless sleep! :)

Sorry for the blurry photo getting used to my new phone camera

Heard
This week I am loving Ellie Goulding's new track from the 50 Shades of Grey soundtrack 'Love Me Like You Do'. I am a huge fan of Ellie Goulding so this is just another favourite from her!



Made
This week I made a fantastic white bean soup. It only had a handful of ingredients and took a grand total of 25 minutes to make. It tasted so rich and creamy...yum! I can't wait to make it again.

Ah...please ignore the dirty hob! 
And Lastly...
I didn't get a lot of chance to blog this week between some medical things, surprise visitors (my mother-in-law and niece) and some meet ups that lasted longer than I thought (but in a good way!). So I'm hoping to get more out there next week. Thanks for hanging in there and don't forget to check out my post on surviving the morning school run!

xx

butwhymummywhy

5 comments:

  1. That soup sounds good - I'm getting into making soups lately and anything quick and easy is good to me! This is the third Little Loves post I've read so far that has referenced Ellie Goulding's 50 Shades song. It is good though! I have to admit I haven't bought a woman's magazine for *years* but I can see the draw now for quick bites of entertainment in between parenting/life! I mostly just read blog posts nowadays (when I'm not trying to carve out time to write them!) Have a great weekend X #littleloves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Samantha, Thanks for stopping by! I did find that getting a woman's mag was a refreshing change and gave me some good ideas for spring shopping ;-) I will have to pop over and check out your blog as I'm always looking for new ones :-) Have a good Valentine's Day and lovely weekend! #littleloves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm that soup looks lovely! I haven't bought a magazine for myself in what feels like forever! I think it would have been when I was in hospital with Harry which is about 2 years ago! I used to love a good mag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The soup was so good, I can't wait to make it again! As for the magazine it was a complete indulgence but totally worth it! :-) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I love treating myself to a magazine every now and again, like you I used to buy lots religiously but I'm totally out of the habit.
    I must check out that Benefit concealer, sounds like it's just what I need!
    Hope you're enjoying half term xx

    ReplyDelete