Friday 24 October 2014

Friday Faves 24th Oct 2014

Well, this week has really gotten away from me. Where has the time gone? I feel like I have been so busy trying to unpack, do laundry and get back to a regular non-holiday schedule that I haven't had much chance to do anything else. As much as I love holidays, I am not too keen on the pre-holiday packing or the post-holiday chaos but I'll take both for the chance to be away with my family! :)

So on this very rainy, cold and busy week here are a few of my favourite things:

1) Some new Yankee Candles! I am obsessed with Yankee Candle and all their beautiful candles and scents. I tend to go through them very quickly as well and so I have been trying to keep to buying them as treats really. This time around I got quite a few small jars and these three are my Autumn scented ones that I'm loving right now.
Cranberry & Pear, Halloween Candy Corn and Honey & Spice
2) Running. I haven't really been running in a couple of weeks which annoys me but it is one of those things that has just happened (or not happened as the case my be!). Anyway, last night I went to running club and ended up having a really good run. About 6.5k (4miles) and I felt so good afterwards. Hello Running, so nice to be back :)

3) Halloween Decorations. I have been slowly decorating for the Autumn and Halloween and have completed some parts of the house. I don't tend to go overboard with decorations any more as the boys pretty much wrote off all my Christmas decorations last year. They just think everything I put out is a toy. So here is a sample of a little Halloween area in the house!

The pumpkins are usually in a different formation but the boys have gotten ahold of them!
4) My new Sarah Chapman Skinesis hand cream. Oh man, my hands are pretty horrible right now. They are dry, my nails are splitting and I have such sore cuticles I can't stand it. So when I read a review of this hand cream (well, it is really an oil) I jumped on the band wagon. It is a little on the pricey side since I normally buy my hand creams at the supermarket, but it seems to be helping!

Bedside essential and treat!
5) Empty Mansions: The Mysterious Life of Huguette Clark and The Spending of A Great American Fortune. I started reading this book on vacation and it is so good!! It is non-fiction and I seldom pick up a non-fiction but the two writers have a fantastic style and I am so hooked into the story I can hardly put it down. I have so many questions about this woman and her family and I cannot believe this book is non-fiction!
I have downloaded this on my Kindle but here is the cover.
That is it for this week. I hope you have all had a great week.

What are your faves this week? Any good books? 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment