Wednesday 23 July 2014

Feeling Upbeat!

A few weeks ago now my personal trainer had a chat with me about nutrition (which I sometimes struggle with) and supplements. I know it sounds scary...but it wasn't!

I think as a busy mum I struggle each day to make sure I am eating enough, not too much and mainly that I am not having too much of the wrong stuff (WHAT?! 5 cups of coffee are not good for me?!).


Since I am also very involved in fitness and try to get a workout of some form in most days of the week (about 5) I need to be fueling my body correctly. I think most of us know the importance of eating a balanced diet and most of us know that that means lots of fruit and veg, but I don't think many of us realise the imporatance of protein in our diets.

PROTEIN FACTS:

  • Protein can be found in your hair, nails, skin, blood, bones and muscles.
  • Your body uses protein to build new cells 
  • It is an essential nutrient that helps us to stay healthy and strong 

I now know that being so busy and working out at a high intensity meant that I probably wasn't getting as much protein as I need, so I needed to find a way of getting quick/healthy protein in my diet.

I have previously tried powdered drinks and I even had a favourite in the US (which can't be bought over here in the UK). I have tried a few brands recently and nothing really worked for me. I have to admit it is also a little intimidating to go into supplement shops and buy up enormous containers of protein mix.

Around the same time I was trying out various protein drinks I was contacted by Upbeat. What fab timing! So I gave it a try. I bought both Strawberry and Blueberry & Raspberry flavours from my local Tescos (super market). Yum!!


Upbeat is 99% whey protein concentrate (from British milk) and real fruit (purée and juice). It also contains a small percentage of pectin (from fruit), lactic acid and some sucralose to add a little sweetness. Upbeat protein drinks are only 150 calories per bottle!


I love the drinks. I found it easy to find and buy, the price was ok for a ready to go protein drink, the taste was good (on both the flavours I tried) and the consistency of the drink was also good (not chalky or too thick).

On the whole I would definitely recommend Upbeat and can't wait to try the Mango & Passion Fruit flavour next!

This post is in association with Upbeat. I was given two free vouchers to try Upbeat, but have gone on to spend my own money on the product. All opinions of the product are my own. Check out Upbeat online at www.feelingupbeat.com.

Furthermore, I am not a trained nutritionist. Please check with your GP/Doctor with regards to any diets or health concerns you may have. 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment