Friday 9 May 2014

Friday Faves

I know, I know, totally missing in action this week. Bad blogger! ;-) I ended up feeling really under the weather on Wednesday so really didn't do too much and then yesterday seemed to go on and on without any break. By the time I got back from my run with the running club I felt like if I didn't just sit down and relax I would end up feeling horrible again. So that's what I did. I ate some sausage, mash and veg and washed it down with a little 'My Cousin Vinny' which really is hilarious!

Also, this is totally random but I totally can't believe Ralph Macchio from 'My Cousin Vinny' and more noteably 'The Karate Kid' is 52 years old?!! What! I thought he was my age (ahem...like 25, right?!).

Here he is the karate kid (probably like 35 in this photo!)
On to my Five Friday Faves:

1) Orange is the New Black & 24 - I know this is kind of a double one but they both are TV related so I thought I'd pack them up together. I have one episode left of Season 1 of Orange is the New Black. What's going to happen!! (Don't tell me). Also, my husband and I are huge fans of 24 and the new season which takes place in London has just come out. So far so good...only little snaffu is that it was on the night I wasn't feeling great so I fell asleep about half way through but I will catch up.

Love Jack Bauer!
2) Dens - My two lovely little men were playing together so nicely this morning making dens and playing dinosaurs. They are definitely getting to the ages now where they can play together (constructively). I love it!

Tristan keeping guard on top of the den

3) Workouts - Even though I haven't been feeling great I have still made all but one of my planned workouts this week. My run last night was hilly and wet but awesome. I felt so good after :-) I also had a fab strength workout with my trainer this morning and feel sore but in a good way. It was also nice to hear that I am the only one of her clients that can 'almost' do a real pull up. Give me a couple months and fingers crossed!

PULL-UP Challenge
2 months to one real full pull-up

4) Spring Cleans - I got organised this week too. I sorted all of the boys old clothes that no longer fit into labelled plastic containers and I got ruthless on my wardrobe too. I have an entire bag of clothes that no longer fit, are not in style (I tend to hoard things, like from a very very long time ago), and things that are pretty worn out. Good thing my birthday is coming, I feel a shopping trip coming! ;-)

5) Curry - I know I put this on my food plan for Tuesday night but it never happened. We had a lasagne instead so tonight is Friday night curry night over here and I can't wait. I absolutely adore spicy food and I could live off Mexican, Thai and Indian food. So I am going to have a gorgeous chicken curry tonight!

Yum!

Have a good weekend. Hope to see you back here soon.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment