Friday 21 February 2014

Friday Fitness Faves (MNBChallenge)

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you have all had a good week. This week for my Friday Faves I thought I'd do two things: 1- Recap my Move Nourish Believe February Blogger Challenge which I started this week (Yes, I know totally late to the party. The challenge actually started the 3rd of Feb and officially ends today, but that is to win a prize and I'm cool with just doing the challenge!) and 2- Talk about 5 of my fitness faves at the moment.

First of all for those of you who don't know the MNBChallenge was created by Lorna Jane and Fit Approach to keep the #sweatpink community and late to the party peeps like me on track and motivated after the January resolution fever cools down.

Don't mind the bags under my eyes it was an early run!
Week 1's challenges were to help get you moving see below:
Monday: Sweat-it-out! I did a 4.2k run on Monday morning all up hill (not on purpose!). It felt good ;-)
Tuesday: Change it up! I was going to go for a swim but I had a sick boy up in the night and didn't get much sleep so I am changing it up tonight with a zumba video
Wednesday: Let's get planking! I did five one minute planks. It hurt!
Thursday: Buddy up! This was easy for me as I have my usual mum's running club on Thursday nights. I ran a 5.3k. It was a good run with nice girls :-)
Friday: Fave Friday! For this one I have to show my fitness favourites and that was the plan for today anyway, so here we go...

Five Fitness Faves
1: RunKeeper App- I just discovered this app a few weeks back and really love it. Admittedly it can be a bit tricky if you don't have a good gps signal but I have been able to track all of my outdoor runs recently and I really like being able to look back and see how I've done.


2: Pilates- I had to take a week off of pilates when I was sick last week but now I'm back, I realize how much I really enjoy that class and how much of a difference it has made with my Diastasis Recti (slowly but surely it is closing up see previous post)


3: Sigg water bottle- I used to have one of these when I lived in the States and now that I am back into fitness again it was one of the first things I bought. It is a 1L sized gold bottle and it keeps me thoroughly hydrated during all my workouts.

4: Play list- I really struggle with running if I don't have a good play list. Recently I have found it really tricky to get a good compilation of up beat, new music together. I finally have a decent play list and am not bored of it yet (fingers crossed)!


5: Sweaty Betty workout kit- Just bought a few new pieces of workout gear from Sweaty Betty. The material is wicking and so soft. I find that working out is a bit more fun if you have some nice gear to work out in :-)


Some stuff out there I really want to try but haven't yet:
Twist (coffee protein drink), Fitbit (to track my fitness and sleep), Strider's Edge leggings, All weather running hoodie/jacket like this one (NIKE element running jacket) and Yurbuds earphones.

What are your Fitness Faves?

No comments:

Post a Comment